Saturday, September 27, 2014

More Mixed Media Fun!

If you've ever been a little nervous to try mixed media, now is the time to do it! Our mixed media is so much fun, you won't want to miss out!

My Guy LAYOUT - Romy

Today it is my turn to show you a layout that I made using a mixture of different mixed media. I have to admit that I do not make mixed media lay-outs very often, because I'm often a bit scared that something will go wrong. But while I was working on this layout with the new glitter pastes, inks, stamps and sprays from BoBunny, I realized that working with mixed media is actually a whole lot of fun! They can give your layouts just that little bit extra and are also perfect for giving layouts a vintage twist.

On this layout I used the wonderful Wild Card and Souvenir collections and some mixed media to make a masculine layout about my boyfriend.

My Guy Scrapbook Page by Romy Veul using BoBunny Wild Card Collection

The mixed media accents on this layout are mainly in the corners of my layout. In each corner I did some stamping and used the Stickable Stencil 'Brocade' with the glitter pastes and gesso to create a nice pattern. I also sprayed with the Bronze glimmer spray for a glitter finishing touch.

I also used the Glimmer Sprays to add color to the wood embellishments, so they would match the colors of my layout better.

My Guy Scrapbook Page by Romy Veul using BoBunny Wild Card Collection 2

In the middle of my layout, I did some paper layering with papers in different colours and with different patterns. I also layered some chipboard pieces on top of each other and clustered them in the corners of my photo.

My Guy Scrapbook Page by Romy Veul using BoBunny Wild Card Collection 3

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Wild Card, Dominos, Drive, Shuffle/ Wild Card; Sightseeing/ Souvenir
Double Dot Cardstock: Decaf Chevron
Chipboard: Wild Card Chipboard, Souvenir Layered Chipboard
Noteworthy: Souvenir
Wood Shapes: Iron Works, That's Life
Stickable Stencils: Brocade
Large Stamps: Geometric Patterns, Stained Textures
Glitter Paste: Gold
Ink Pad: Licorice
Glimmer Spray: Bronze

I hope I have inspired you to also take out your masks, glitter sprays, stamps and inks from Bo Bunny to work on your own mixed media lay-out. I promise you that it will result in a lot of fun and a wonderful project.

Have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. Romy's page is wonderful! She used the perfect accents for a masculine style page and the mixed media elements add so much to the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romy's page is wonderful! She used the perfect accents for a masculine style page and the mixed media elements add so much to the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layering is amazing! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete